Since the game is out on Steam now (but still in development) the changelogs have been moved over to announcements. So I thought I’d start using this to try and talk about internals of the game more (which originally was the goal of this blog, kinda failed there). The first thing I thought I’d talk about is how saving and loading is currently implemented in the game, the issues I’m having with it and any ideas I have on improving the system.
The game is now available to buy in early access! UniverCity is a university management game being programmed in the Rust programming language. As stated above, the game is in early access and is not complete. There will be changes and additions down the line and finishing it may take some time. You may wish to wait until its further along before buying it. Plans I’ve already had to fix some pretty bad bugs already just before launch and I assume there will be more still.
I finally put up the store page ready for an early access release which will be available in about 2 weeks. The game is still rough and missing a lot of important parts but I’m hoping to start getting feedback now. UniverCity is a university management game being programmed in the Rust programming language. Store page If you are interested please wishlist the game. Please note the game will be released in early access, it’s not done and still needs a lot of work.
Originally I was planning to spend most of this month on adding new rooms and objects to build but an major issue with the UI rendering came up which ended up taking all my time. UniverCity is a university management game being programmed in the Rust programming language. Gameplay Colour blindness improvements I had a tester who is colourblind point out that telling when a room was the right size or blocked by an object was pretty hard due to the colours used.
I didn’t end up keeping to my plan of releasing this month due to a few issues. The main issue it is took me a few tries to get through the build review process, one issue was a crash on steamOS that seemed to be caused by webrender and the other issues were all multiplayer related. I managed to get it approved in the end. The other issue was between all of this I was ill making working on the game hard.